Due to Covid-19 restrictions, Durham University’s Christmas Wish Tree will be a little different this year but will still provide much-needed support to local charities, especially during these uncertain times.
Staff and students at Durham University are invited to donate an amount of their choice, which will help the charity to provide items from their wish list.
Children North East are one of this year’s charities, which were chosen by representatives from Durham Students’ Union.
How to get involved:
- Donate your chosen amount by clicking on the donate button at the top of the page.
- Donations should be made before Friday 18 December.
The wish list:
- £5 could provide a book to encourage children to keep reading over the Christmas break.
- £10 could provide a phone top up for one of the volunteer peer mentors and help them keep in contact with their young person mentee over the Christmas period.
- £15 could help coordinate the distribution of a Christmas resource and activity pack to children and young people who are most in need, to enable them to enjoy fun activities at home with their families over Christmas.
- £25 could provide a food parcel to a family with essential food items including fresh fruit and veg, along with hygiene products.
- £32 could pay for one-hour phone support with a specialist infant therapist to help reduce an expectant mum’s anxiety and the negative impact on their unborn baby during Covid-19.